Market Leader in Strategic Human Capital Management Positioned For Accelerated Growth in 2012 with Global Expansion and New Innovations
HRchitect featured SumTotal Systems in our release of The Suite Life of Integrated Talent Management and also includes them in our list of top Talent Management Systems and top Learning Management Systems vendors that businesses should consider. SumTotal Systems appeared on the HRchitect WebMingle on May 1, 2009. Dave Watkins, Softscape’s CEO and Co-Founder appeared on the HRchitect WebMingle on June 19, 2009.
If you are looking for a new Talent Management System, or any HR system, don’t rely solely on “recommendations” or published reports. Do yourself a huge favor and talk to HRchitect first. After 15 years, HRchitect has unparalleled knowledge of the HR and Talent Management vendor community and can save you time and money in selection and implementation. Simply put, do not invest in any kind of HR technology without consulting with the experts first. HRchitect is always available to help!
SumTotal® Systems, Inc., the innovator in strategic Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions, today reported exceptional 2011 results with 90 percent overall booking growth and significant customer momentum across its global operations. SumTotal consistently accomplished positive expansion in bookings and new customer acquisition, and attributes this success to solid customer loyalty, operational efficiencies, and continued product advancement.
The company achieved 110 percent booking growth in the second half of 2011, compared to same period the previous year, with 207 percent overall SaaS booking growth for the year as more customers joined SumTotal’s Cloud offering. Recurring revenues were up 103 percent in the second half of 2011, and EBITDA grew 171 percent compared to previous year, representing 21 percent above plan. SumTotal has continued to develop a strong track record of operational excellence that has contributed to the company’s impressive growth and profitability.
Numerous new global customers joined SumTotal’s fast-growing customer base including Gerber Life, Physicians Mutual, Young & Rubicam, Highmark, MD Physician Services, and Konica Minolta Business Technologies. In addition, SumTotal continued to innovate with numerous advancements for its flagship products and launched new capabilities in Mobile, Social Learning, Workforce Analytics, and end-to-end Talent Management.
- Mobile: The fully rich media capable Mobile solution provides downloadable content for untethered support, as well as advanced tracking and reporting, and support for all mainstream devices and operating systems.
- Social Learning: Improves knowledge retention across workforces by fostering regular informal learning between peers and experts, both within the organization and in its extended enterprise.
- Workforce Analytics: Provides a single, complete data model spanning talent and learning management data, with hundreds of interlinked business objects and rationalized data and security across all processes for closed loop actionable intelligence.
- End-to-end Talent Management: With a seamless user experience and integrated workflows across learning and talent functions, as well as single-point administration, organizations can manage more efficient and continuous end-to-end business processes.
In 2011, SumTotal also successfully acquired three companies to integrate and bring to market its Strategic Human Capital Management solution, representing the most complete best-in-class offering available. Acquired companies included: GeoLearning, a leader in cloud learning management software for small and medium businesses, government, and extended enterprise market segments, CyberShift, a leader in strategic workforce management and expense management software, and Accero, experts in payroll and benefits software.
Highly focused on customer care and new methodologies for driving customer achievement, the company also hired, trained and deployed an additional 275 new employees across its global operations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, 70 percent of which are exclusively customer facing positions.
Additional achievements in 2011 included:
- SumTotal customers Cabela’s, Orbitz Worldwide, Springs Window Fashions, and the State of Florida, were recognized as “Performance and Learning Leaders” in the Learning! 100
- SumTotal was rated “Hot Vendor” for Total Compensation Management according To Ventana Research
- SumTotal was named on KMWorld’s 2011 “100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management”
- SumTotal expanded regional presence with leadership assignments in Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- SumTotal was recognized as a “Leader” in Talent Management by independent research firm
- SumTotal was recognized as a 2011 “Top Learning Portal Company” by Training Industry Magazine
- Customers voted SumTotal “Best in Talent Management” in Elearning! 2011 Awards
- SumTotal was honored with “Business of the Year Award” in Gainesville Florida
“We are extremely proud and pleased with our exceptional year of growth and customer achievement,” said SumTotal’s CEO John Borgerding. “Our customer focus is directly represented in our high renewal rate and unwavering customer loyalty. We remain committed to our customer’s achievement and will continue to innovate in the marketplace and provide the industry’s most complete and flexible HCM solutions.”
For more information about SumTotal, visit the company’s website at www.sumtotalsystems.com.
To learn more about HRchitect’s expertise in HR technology strategy, selection and implementation services, and how HRchitect can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com
Matt Lafata, HRchitect