Latest Iteration of Award-Winning Workforce Management Platform Focuses on Global, Mobile and Open Connectivity Capabilities
Marc Moschetto, Vice President of Marketing, from WorkForce Software appeared on the HRchitect WebMingle on August 12, 2010. HRchitect’s Matt Lafata, one of the industry’s leading Talent Management Systems analysts, attended WorkForce Software’s Vision 2010 conference. HRchitect was also a proud sponsor of the Vision 2012 conference in Las Vegas.
If you are looking for a new Talent Management System, or any HR system, don’t rely solely on “recommendations” or published reports. Do yourself a huge favor and talk to HRchitect first. After 15 years, HRchitect has unparalleled knowledge of the HR and Talent Management vendor community and can save you time and money in selection and implementation. Simply put, do not invest in any kind of HR technology without consulting with the experts first. HRchitect is always available to help!
WorkForce Software, the leading provider of workforce management solutions for organizations with complex labor policies and stringent compliance demands, today announced the release of EmpCenter® 9, the latest version of its workforce management platform. For more than twelve years, organizations have relied on EmpCenter to meet their workforce management needs. With the release of EmpCenter 9, WorkForce Software has added both new features and significant usability enhancements across the full spectrum of its time & attendance, scheduling, absence management and fatigue management solutions.
EmpCenter is a web-based workforce management suite that helps large and mid-sized employers to track employee time and activities, manage employee leave and absences, assign tasks, manage schedules, ensure compliance and mitigate risks associated with employee fatigue. Its Analytics solution has also emerged as a leading tool for organizations leveraging workforce management strategies to drive operational and business improvements, such as controlling labor costs, optimizing schedules and increasing productivity.
Developed to meet both current and emerging market demands, EmpCenter 9 provides greater functionality to support enterprise-wide automation, enhance user experience and adoption across multiple devices and streamline integration with 3rd party applications. Some of the improvements of the new release include:
· Enhanced Mobile Capabilities – Embracing HTML5, the latest standard for Web-based technology, EmpCenter Mobile delivers access to EmpCenter 9 via any device with an HTML5-compliant browser. With the “BYOD” (bring your own device) mobility trend picking up steam, EmpCenter 9’s standards-based, ‘platform agnostic’ design empowers employees to complete critical tasks using the mobile device of their choice. EmpCenter Mobile comes standard with EmpCenter 9, eliminating the need to purchase and deploy separate device-specific applications.
· One-Touch Callout – With this new feature, employers can post open shifts to multiple workers simultaneously through multiple channels, including text, phone and email. The system takes into account concepts of hierarchy, overtime eligibility and other factors to ensure shifts are offered to employees in a fair and compliant manner, all while substantially reducing the time and effort required to fill staffing gaps.
· Event-Based Scheduling – Rounding out the scheduling improvements introduced via EmpCenter 9, this functionality enables employers to rapidly create and manage a staffing profile for one-time events or projects and trigger a mass call-out for individuals who can fill the positions. Widespread among arenas, convention centers and amusement parks, event-based scheduling can streamline staffing for any organization with unique, one-time events.
· Pre-Built Integration with Leading HR and ERP Applications – EmpCenter 9 delivers pre-configured connectivity to multiple third-party partner applications from some of the leading technology providers in human capital management, such as SuccessFactors, Oracle, Patersons and CRS Advanced Technology. Additionally, EmpCenter 9 can be delivered with EmpCenter Engage, a next-generation device for employee self-service and data collection brought to market in collaboration with WorkForce Software’s strategic partner EmployTouch.
· Multiple Language Support – In recognition of the increasingly global approach to workforce management automation, EmpCenter 9 comes with ‘out-of-the-box’ support for ten languages, including Chinese (Mandarin), French, German and Spanish.
· Absence Compliance Tracker Enhancements – EmpCenter 9 includes several enhancements to the highly popular ACT solution, highlighted by more robust document management features. New functionality includes workflow automation, form field pre-population and the ability to add relevant documents to a corporate document library.
· Usability Improvements – EmpCenter 9 builds on EmpCenter’s highly ranked usability, adding the ability to create and manage a “favorites” list of commonly used features, expanding drag-and-drop capabilities, introducing collapsible columns on all time entry screens and providing simpler and more streamlined paid time-off requests, along with dozens of other refinements.
“The demands placed upon HR, payroll and operations professionals are more diverse – and more dynamic – than ever before. As a result, workforce management solutions need to keep pace,” said Kevin Choksi, co-founder and CEO of WorkForce Software. “With EmpCenter 9, we’ve extended the functionality of our core platform that better reflects today’s business and strategic needs, including more global capabilities, connectivity to multiple enterprise systems “out-of-the-box” and mobile access without additional costs.”
For more information on WorkForce Software, please visit www.workforcesoftware.com
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) and Talent Management Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 15 years in business working on over 1800 successful engagements for more than 800 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.
Matt Lafata, HRchitect