HRchitect includes SumTotal Systems in our list of top Talent Management Systems and top Learning Management Systems vendors that businesses should consider. If you are looking for a new Human Capital Management (HCM) System, don’t rely solely on “recommendations” or published reports. Do yourself a huge favor and talk to HRchitect first. After 16 years, HRchitect has unparalleled knowledge of the HCM vendor community and can save you time and money in selection and implementation. Simply put, do not invest in any kind of HR technology without consulting with the experts first. HRchitect is always available to help!
Next-Generation Platform Links and Extends Disparate Human Resources (HR) Information to Enable Talent Expansion; Eliminates the Need for Costly HRIS Consolidation
At the company’s recent TotalConnection 2013 customer conference, SumTotal® Systems, LLC, unveiled its ground-breaking elixHR Platform™, the industry’s first virtual single source of truth for an organization’s HR data. Hailed by leading industry analysts as “game-changing,” elixHR is the only software platform that allows organizations to extend and link disparate HR information and processes, as well as external systems and information, to access comprehensive employee data, processes and analytics. As the foundation of SumTotal’s Talent Expansion™ strategy and applications, elixHR delivers pervasive learn, work and talent capabilities across internal and external systems and applications to ensure that employees have immediate access to the tools they need to be better at their jobs while they are doing them.
According to Paul Hamerman, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, Inc., in the October 2012 report entitled Manage Master Data About Your People, “The majority of organizations maintain complex and dynamic human resources data across multiple, disparate, and poorly integrated applications. This lack of a single trusted view of employee data drives a variety of operational and business process inefficiencies and can introduce unnecessary risk into your organization, including risks to data privacy, data security, and financial controls, like payroll and benefits.”
“Organizations have invested significant amounts of time and money implementing multiple systems to help them manage employee information and improve workforce productivity, yet today, most organizations cannot access a global view of their talent,” said Hardeep Gulati, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Products at SumTotal. “SumTotal’s elixHR platform addresses these challenges by essentially enabling a comprehensive view of employee data and making it possible for organizations to access and analyze information to put the right talent initiatives in place to develop and expand their talent to meet their strategic business objectives.”
“SumTotal elixHR provides immediate ROI for companies, like Praxair, that have multiple business and HR systems in place,” said Marc Franciosa, Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Praxair, the largest industrial gases company in North and South America, and one of the largest in the world. “This powerful platform and its virtual system of record have allowed us to continue to get value out of our existing solutions, without the need to rip and replace, while we focus on more strategic areas of our HR transformation.”
By enabling master data management across all HCM processes and information, elixHR delivers high quality employee data, allowing organizations to make faster and more informed decisions about their workforce while reducing operational risks and compliance exposure.
The features and functionality provided through SumTotal’s elixHR platform offer unparalleled business value and benefits, including:
- Easy integration with other systems including SharePoint, ERPs, CRMs, payroll and HRIS, as well as popular third-party information sources like LinkedIn®, eliminating the need to rip and replace existing systems and delivering significantly faster ROI on an organization’s HR technology investments.
- Unified portal and portlets that drive superior user adoption and productivity by placing people information and actions where people already work, outside of the SumTotal environment.
- Embedded workforce analytics and planning capabilities that pull employee information from wherever it is needed for analysis, driving better decisions at the point of action.
- Comprehensive talent profiles and global employee directory and org charting capabilities that cut across all applications, even those outside of the SumTotal footprint, to provide a unified view of an organization’s people and their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Development planning, competency, and job model frameworks as foundational system elements that enable truly integrated talent processes and expand organizations’ people talent.
- Next-generation mobile and social features that deliver pervasive, real-time access to knowledge sharing and learning and workforce management processes.
- Fail-safe compliance that helps global organizations operating in heavily regulated environments comply with the most complex certification and regulatory requirements. Battle tested by some of the world’s most complex global organizations, SumTotal elixHR forms the seamless backbone of an organization’s people systems.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 16 years in business working on over 2000 successful engagements for more than 900 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.
Matt Lafata, HRchitect