TIM Provides Real-time Personalized Career Advice, While “Rock Stars” Surfaces Top Talent to the Attention of HR Professionals and Business Leaders
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – Aug. 19, 2013 – Saba (OTCPink: SABA), a global leader in next-generation cloud solutions for talent management, today announced groundbreaking functionality in its Saba Cloud, including The Intelligent Mentor (TIM) and Rock Stars, that is designed to transform traditional career development into a deeper and more personal experience and to make succession planning into a more comprehensive and effective process.
New to talent management, TIM acts as a career GPS for employees to help them build their professional network and a roadmap for success. It is built on Saba’s patent-pending machine learning technology that automatically learns about an employee based on their activities in the Saba Cloud. By doing so, TIM makes personalized and relevant recommendations about content, classes and mentors that can help them be more productive on the job and develop in their careers. Users enter data to get great feedback, while human resource and executive teams benefit because they are always operating with up-to-date and complete profile and career interests data.
TIM makes career development and succession planning more accessible and flexible for any organization because it is designed to work with or without models, such as global competency frameworks or centralized role-based learning assignments, that can sometimes be complex and costly to implement and maintain. TIM does this by learning the interests and characteristics of users in the system and establishing affinity groups to power personalized recommendations based on users with similar goals and interests. With TIM, Saba Cloud is a talent management system that learns.
Another significant new capability, Rock Stars, uses social dynamics to help surface high-potential and high-performing employees through informal peer feedback. While traditional succession planning and talent calibration processes are critical to building a leadership pipeline, sometimes executives and managers may not have a full picture of the true stars in the organization based on their everyday activities and the value they add to the productivity of their peers. Saba has significantly enhanced the succession planning and career development process with “Rock Stars” identifications.
Through an intuitive and insightful talent dashboard, Saba Cloud provides managers and HR teams with a broad view into key talent indicators and overall workforce strength. The Saba Cloud dashboard focuses on six main data points:
- People Quotient (pQ) scores: Patent-pending technology that measures an employee’s influence, reputation, and impact within the organization.
- Badges: Enables real-time feedback and social recognition from an individual’s network and provides a historical record of that feedback that can be referenced for quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Role model and Rock Star endorsements: Allow employees to recognize their colleagues as role models and rock stars within the workplace and showcase their talents and leadership to the wider team.
- Contribution: See overall contribution and performance of employees at-a-glance, based on several factors such as performance and potential scores, role model and rock star endorsements, and formal mentorship nominations.
- Risk: Managers can understand the overall retention risk of their people based on key talent indicators.
- Bench strength: Helps managers and HR teams see details of bench strength for key employees and positions, identify risks, and assess timing of readiness for successors.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 16 years in business working on over 2000 successful engagements for more than 900 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.
Matt Lafata, HRchitect