Latest investment to expedite product development, grow sales and marketing, and expand internationally
CHARLESTON, SC & NEW YORK, NY— OCT. 28, 2013 — PeopleMatter – the only cloud-based workforce management platform designed specifically for the service industry – today announced that it has secured $16 million in Series E funding.
- Led by StarVest Partners, this round includes participation from all prior investors: C&B Capital, Harbert Venture Partners, Intersouth Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Noro-Mosley Partners and Scale Venture Partners.
- New York-based StarVest Partners, an early adopter of SaaS companies, focuses on emerging technology and services companies. They were the first venture firm to invest in NetSuite (NYSE: “N”)
- With this investment, StarVest Founder and General Partner Deborah Farrington, dubbed “Queen Midas” by Forbes, joins the PeopleMatter Board of Directors.
- PeopleMatter plans to use the funds to accelerate its growth – launching new products, investing in sales and marketing, and expanding internationally.
“PeopleMatter is a disruptive technology company with an enormous opportunity in the service industry, a market that has been traditionally overlooked by the legacy HCM players,” stated Farrington. “PeopleMatter has rapidly altered the landscape of service industry employers with elegant, easy-to-use products, so employers are no longer tethered to paper, spreadsheets, inadequate point solutions or cobbled together suites of products. They are the only SaaS company to design a platform from one source code that manages all aspects of the employee life cycle for service industry employees both large and small.”
Since the previous funding led by Scale Venture Partners, PeopleMatter’s cloud-based technology has gained momentum in the marketplace. Over the past six months the company achieved the following milestones:
- Acquired industry-leading assessment provider PeopleClues with customers located in Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Increased the number of customers on the PeopleMatter Platform™ by 296 percent.
- Added household name brands such as, Comfort Inn, Firehouse Subs, Five Guys, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, IHOP, Jack in the Box, Jiffy Lube, Kids Quest, Marriott, Moe’s Southwest Grill and Wendy’s.
- Received Bersin by Deloitte’s ‘Delivering Innovation’ award for WhatWorks®.
- Recognized for the ‘Best Online Candidate Experience’ by Online Recruitment Magazine.
Growing Market Demand
Technology solutions that make managing an hourly workforce easier, more compliant and efficient are in demand. With the growing part-time workforce, all aspects of people management are becoming more complex. PeopleMatter has established a new workforce management standard for the service industry to meet this demand. The PeopleMatter Platform is an all-in-one hiring, training, scheduling and communication platform that automates and streamlines processes and paperwork, company-wide. Engineered to handle multiple brands and locations, high turnover, a large hourly workforce, and today’s mobile worker, it is the only workforce management platform to include an integrated scheduling system.
Labor is the second largest cost for most retail, restaurant and hospitality businesses. Millennials expect to use technology in every aspect of their lives – including their jobs. Mobile capabilities aren’t an option – they are an expectation. Moving paper-based hiring, training and scheduling online and making it mobile meets this need while setting employers apart from their competitors.
“We started the company with a vision that we continue to embrace: PeopleMatter is a workforce management platform specifically designed end-to-end for the hourly workforce. We have some amazing products in the pipeline, and this funding is going to allow us to accelerate these releases, as well as expand internationally,” shared Nate DaPore, PeopleMatter President and CEO. “Our SaaS financial metrics are exemplary and consistent with the fastest growing software companies. This investment by StarVest enables us to accelerate the adoption of our innovative, elegant and transformative products in the market for employers who are looking to drive business execution across their business.”
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 16 years in business working on over 2000 successful engagements for more than 900 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.