Design and Functionality in New Desktop Experience Inspired by Mobile Apps, Consumer Web;
Company Also Announces Feature-Rich Release of Workday 21
PLEASANTON, CALIF. — Jan. 23, 2014 — Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for global human resources and finance, today unveiled a completely new desktop experience for its millions of users around the world. Designed in partnership with customers, including some of the world’s most popular consumer and social brands, the new user experience combines a redesigned visual interface built on HTML5, along with dozens of rich, intuitive features to enhance the usability customers already recognize with Workday.
Workday also announced immediate availability of its latest update, Workday 21, which includes more than 240 new HR and finance features, approximately 65 of which were customer suggestions. Workday 21 is the first update to be released leveraging the company’s shift to a single code line for both development and production environments – a transition that simultaneously increases the frequency of innovation delivered to customers, while minimizing disruption.
Simplifying the User Experience for Employees, Managers, and Power Users
Since Workday is a single system, the design and functionality of the new user experience touches every screen of Workday Financial Management and Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) for a cohesive look and feel regardless of where a user is in the application.
As a result, employees, managers, and power users across finance and human resources all benefit from an experience that is:
- Consumer-Driven: Familiar visual cues and patterns influenced by popular email services, social sites, search engines, and web commerce make it simple for new users to login and use Workday without training.
- Clean: Increased whitespace, subtle iconography, and simple fonts are just starting points of a more approachable visual interface for users to discover priority information and actions at a glance.
- Consolidated: An overall shift to a single-page application view along with several new features reduces the clicks for a user to navigate through a business process.
- Contextual: More intelligent and predictive features personalize the relevancy and security of information based on a user’s unique needs and previous behavior in Workday.
Workday 21 Streamlines Complex Financial Business Processes for Large Enterprises
As large organizations face greater complexity and increased regulations of global operations, Workday continues to deliver more sophisticated functionality in Workday Financial Management to help customers simplify business processes and uncover efficiencies in the cloud.
With new features in Workday 21, customers can:
- Better manage assets with enhanced capabilities that automatically group similar items into one pooled asset. Additionally, customers can more easily track the financial lifecycle of multiple, diverse assets that form one composite item.
- Ease international trade accounting by providing full visibility into deferred revenue recognition in multiple foreign currencies as well as multi-currency support for cash, customer, and vendor accounts.
Workday 21 Extends Mobility for Seamless Talent and Performance Management
With Workday 21, the company continues to advance the industry’s broadest cloud application for human resources, Workday HCM, with enhanced speed and convenience for talent and performance management. Among several new features, Workday 21 marks the availability of performance reviews on mobile, which enables employees and managers to start, continue, or complete the review process as they move between desktop and mobile devices without any additional setup.
With performance reviews now accessible on Workday for iPad® and Workday for iPhone®, customers can:
- Accelerate and improve completion of performance management initiatives considering users can take action anytime, anywhere.
- Minimize the materials and time spent training workers on the review process with an interface designed for immediate user engagement.
- Equip on-the-go managers to quickly check progress of their entire team and complete approvals for individual employees.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 16 years in business working on over 2000 successful engagements for more than 900 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.
Matt Lafata, HRchitect