CHELMSFORD, Mass., March 18, 2014 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that it has been awarded the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance workforce management contract. This is the first time that the U.S. Communities has provided a competitively solicited contract for workforce management technology. Maryland’s Harford County Public Schools served as the lead public agency conducting the solicitation and evaluation process.
- The U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance is a government purchasing cooperative that reduces the cost of goods and services by aggregating the purchasing power of public agencies nationwide.
- Kronos was awarded the contract based on the company’s unparalleled market leadership in the public sector with thousands of successful implementations.
- Kronos was also selected based on its deep functionality for complex workforces; low cost of ownership for less complex workforces; well-established cloud computing operations; and proven scalability to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes.
- By serving as the lead public agency in the evaluation process, Harford County Public Schools in Maryland is corroborating the need for such technology in the public sector. By selecting Kronos, the school district is looking to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity — enabling it to further invest in the community it serves.
- Jeff LaPorta, supervisor of purchasing, Harford County Public Schools
“We are confident that we have identified the best vendor to resolve critical workforce management issues by awarding Kronos the U.S. Communities contract. Kronos helps organizations control labor costs and improve productivity and this is a win-win for any public sector entity trying to balance services with tightening budgets.”
- Greg Smith, vice president, public sector, Kronos
“We are very pleased to be awarded the competitive U.S. Communities contract, further underscoring our commitment to workforce management innovation in the public sector. Workforce management is a crucial aspect of operations within any public sector organization and efficiencies achieved in these processes not only drive down operational costs but also increase employee engagement.”
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 16 years in business working on over 2000 successful engagements for more than 900 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.
Matt Lafata, HRchitect