Global Company Moves Finance and HR to the Cloud for Greater Business Insight and Agility
PLEASANTON, CALIF. — July 15, 2014 — Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance, announced today that Acxiom® (Nasdaq: ACXM) has selected Workday’s unified suite of applications, including Workday Financial Management and Workday Human Capital Management (HCM). With Workday, Acxiom will move its finance and HR operations off of legacy systems and into the cloud for a technology foundation that is flexible, fast, and architected to provide deep insight into financial and workforce performance.
One of the largest marketing and data services companies in the world, Acxiom has more than a 40-year heritage of delivering marketing insights that help businesses strengthen connections with stakeholders. Focused on driving innovation and market leadership, Acxiom chose Workday to replace its legacy finance and HR system, which lacked real-time visibility into business performance and was slow to adapt to organizational and market changes.
With Workday’s unified suite of applications to be deployed across 11 countries, Acxiom expects to:
- Access people and financial insights with embedded analytics to explore company performance, such as profitability by customer or business line, or metrics on the churn of key products.
- Detect potential issues where HR activity might impact financial performance such as identifying open headcount that could affect revenue numbers.
- Improve resource planning with one system to view and manage open and filled positions, internal and external candidates, and budget all at once.
- Configure business processes in minutes, such as making an organizational change that is immediately reflected across all applicable finance and HR datasets.
- Empower its people with self-service to perform tasks, explore information, and take action on any device. For example, managers can drill down into financial dashboards on a tablet or approve purchase orders and expense reports from their smartphones.