CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 21, 2014 – Global automotive manufacturing brands such as Ford, Jaguar, Mitsubishi, Renault-Nissan, and Volkswagen are increasingly turning to workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to meet innovation and cost demands. In fact, the majority of the Forbes Top 10 global automakers are Kronos customers.1
- Today’s automotive manufacturers – from parts suppliers to original equipment manufacturers – are more actively looking for ways to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity to support innovation efforts and maintain competitive advantage. Automotive manufacturers around the world use Kronos workforce management solutions to achieve these benefits by more effectively managing labor, their largest controllable expense and biggest competitive differentiator.
- The Kronos suite of workforce management solutions helps manufacturers across the global automotive supply chain drive operational efficiencies by:
- Reconciling payroll to direct and indirect production hours, demonstrating actual labor costs across plant operations;
- Creating schedules that optimize labor resource utilization, minimize equipment downtime, and reduce reliance on unplanned overtime;
- Providing real-time visibility into shop floor labor activities – from manual processes and production cells – to assembly lines; and
- Streamlining compliance efforts by automatically enforcing union work, pay, and scheduling rules while accurately tracking policy, performance, and safety infractions.
- Automation of critical workforce management processes ultimately helps automotive manufacturers optimize efficiencies and drive higher levels of innovation and growth.